Monday, December 7, 2009

my new year's resolutions (that will most likely be broken before january's over)

i know it's a bit early (by my usual standards) but i need to begin thinking about this. i always wait too long and then i don't have a plan and then i fail. everytime. every. single. time.

1. lose weight-now, this is almost everyone's resolution but its mine every year. cause i fail every year. but jessica simpson's dukes of hazard body will do.

2. be a bit less sacreligious. confession: sometimes when i say the word "sufficient" a certain part in a certain movie pops into my mind. not so bad, right? only if you're me, you finish that phrase. out loud.

3. eat more veggies: gotta find that zucchini bread recipe.

4. complete projects i start: 1 scarf (fresh outta style now, i'm sure) from about 6 years ago, 1 quilt (more like a blanket with batting but quilt sounds more difficult & fancy) from when london was a newborn, and 1 quilt from about 3 years ago. and a whole slew of other things, i'm sure.

5. exercise. a buttload. just cause i have 3 subscriptions to health & fitness mags certainly doesn't mean i actually heed their advice.

6. kim kardashian. i don't really see how she can be a new year's resolution. just thought i'd throw her in there.

7. be a better mother: find more creative ways of yelling at the children.

8. be a better wife: shop with the credit card instead of using up our savings.

9. budget better: buy more things for others instead of myself, up the limits in the following categories: shopping & date night/entertainment, and add the category, "all things raina", followed by a generous amount, of course.

10. read more BOOKS: magazines are all beginning to sound the same.

11. stop being so selfish: oh, who am i kidding?

6 comments:

Jen said...

I pretty much gave up on New Year's resolutions because it just made me depressed when I failed. Which I did every single year. So, kudos to you for setting them and keeping them (which you are going to do!)

Maybe I'll think about it this year. There are so many things to work on...

Unknown said...

HA. nice post. I like #6.

raina said...

oh reuben. i'm sure you do. she's hot.

Courtney J said...

Every time I hear the word 'report' I think of that certain movie too. I once said the rest of the phrase out loud and my mom told me to shut up.

raina said...

courtney! totally! nice to know i'm not the only one. pretty funny.

renae said...

rainell! this entire list had me laughing so hard that my sides now hurt. you are freaking awesome. love you!